Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

leaque table numbers

Hi I’ve recently become match secretary of our bowling club.

The roll requires me to pick teams from a selection of players

I would like to create a spreadsheet where I can select a player and put him into say a section of 4 easily.

We also run tournaments and some are knockout and others a leaque basis. Would like to create leaque tables. In some competitions there can be sub leagues. I’ve seen this done before at other clubs where it is projected up onto the tv and it is very impressive. Hopefully I’m not asking for too much. Thanks

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 1:39 AM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2018 6:16 AM in response to trevorbarra

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for that link. Good to see that you are a fan of soccer (and not that other 'football' game where they carry an oval ball in their arms and barge into each other 😉).

Short answer about sorting a column:

User uploaded file

Click on the column label (D in this example, "Points") and the "v" will bring up a menu

User uploaded file

That will sort the whole table and keep rows intact. It does not sort only that column.

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 23, 2018 4:53 AM in response to Yellowbox

Hi ,

Thanks for you're reply.

We have a number of competitions through the year.

One in particular is where all the members , ie, 40/50 in numbers.

Its a league system where a win gets you ie 2points and a draw 1pt.

Ideally I would like to total the score after ever week where the points automatically added up and the players position would move up and down respectively.

Another completion would involve say 4 sections where the winner of each section would be play semi finals...I would also like to display the ongoing score league onto a tv screen.

Apr 23, 2018 5:18 AM in response to trevorbarra

Hi Trevor,

Please give more information. For example, what details will you enter into which columns in a table? We are trying to help you, but you leave us guessing.

Ideally I would like to total the score after ever week where the points automatically added up and the players position would move up and down respectively.

That is possible if you sort a table by a "points" column.

I would also like to display the ongoing score league onto a tv screen.

I do not know how to display a Numbers document on a TV screen. Let us first deal with your Numbers question.

Regards,

Ian.

leaque table numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.