Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie won't play videos I've just made

I've just made a video using IMovie on my laptop and I can't get it to play properly. When I opened IMovie yesterday it seemed to re-install after an unwanted and unnecessary update. Now I can hear the video I just made but I cannot see it. The window it's playing from is quite small and I want it bigger.

Getting quite sick of these updates that render whatever I want to use unusable. Happens a lot. I can't afford the latest Mac or Iphone so when I have to install something that only works/ works best with the newest tech I feel like I'm being pushed out, exploited and neglected.

Anyway! That turned into a bit of a rant. Any pointers on my IMovie issue gratefully received.

Thanks,

Ben

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.3, Operating system is 10.13.3.

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 8:21 AM

Hi, Ben,

Yes, updates can sometimes be frustrating.

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. See if that cures it.

If you place your cursor below the screen at the top of the time line, at the edge of the gray area, your cursor will morph into cross hairs and you can pull it downward while pressing your track pad to increase the size of the preview screen.

User uploaded file

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2018 8:21 AM in response to greensville

Hi, Ben,

Yes, updates can sometimes be frustrating.

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. See if that cures it.

If you place your cursor below the screen at the top of the time line, at the edge of the gray area, your cursor will morph into cross hairs and you can pull it downward while pressing your track pad to increase the size of the preview screen.

User uploaded file

-- Rich

imovie won't play videos I've just made

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.