Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can't manually order files in playlist in 12.7

The click and drag function seems to have disappeared from the latest version of iTunes so the only way to add files to a playlist is now to copy and paste.

However, this does not help if you want to manually order the files within the playlist. I cannot move files to change their play order by clicking and dragging - it just doesn't work!

Why does Apple keep messing up iTunes it drives me insane. Every update screws something else up.

Can anyone suggest a work around for this?

Thanks

Dell XPS 8300-OTHER, Windows 10, Intel Core i5-2500 Processor

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Use View > Sort By > Playlist Order. You can now select tracks and drag them up or down the list.

tt2

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 6:02 AM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

Definitely doesn't work here. My ipod is not connected so it's not that. Definitely cannot click and drag anything anymore. I've tried viewing the playlist as songs and as a playlist but it doesn't make any difference.

Apr 22, 2018 6:02 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 7:06 AM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

12.7.4.76 - you used to be able to manually order playlists so I'm disappointed that option is no longer available. It appears that the only way to get tracks in the order I want is to copy and paste them individually in the required order. Ridiculously long winded.

Apr 22, 2018 7:06 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Vivien Kent

Question: Can't manually order files in playlist in 12.7