Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple Care International?

Hi,

My MacBook Pro broke twice in the last 7 months, so I need to buy apple Care for it as it is my main computer for university. I will be traveling to Canada and the US this summer. I looked at the Apple Care prices there and they are way lower than in Europe, where I currently live in the Netherlands. So, does it matter where I buy Apple Care? If I purchase it in Canada for example, will I be able to use it in a dutch Apple Store?

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 6:18 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2018 9:12 AM in response to karolplus

Well, the underlying problem appears to be the fact that your Mac is 7 months old or older? Apple has changed their requirements (see here):

AppleCare+ for MacBook/MacBook Air - Apple

You can now only buy it either at time of purchase of the device or within 60 days with a couple of required steps. So, the country is no longer important at this point. However, if it were, it must be purchased from Apple and registered with Apple.

Is Apple Care International?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.