Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: error 56

Hello.

I get Error 56 when updating. My phone will not update or restore. And I cannot contact apple because my phone doesn't work. I don't have a working phone.

Why is there no chat feature? Why is there no email address for support?

How do I contact the people who reached out and destroyed my phone?

iPhone 6s

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Rebecca_M In response to Rebecca_M

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Error 56: Check your hardware

There is a chat feature on the website for people with products under warranty and/or AppleCare.

You will have to click further to specify some details on your support request.

Apr 22, 2018 8:12 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 8:16 AM in response to Urquhart1244 In response to Urquhart1244

I don't have AppleCare, and I'm not sure the warranty is in force. I bought this from Verizon years ago.

Please don't tell me that I had a working phone last night, and apple reached out with an update that stopped my phone from working, and that I have to have a warranty to get assistance.

I need an email or a working chat function to contact apple support. I am stunned that I've been working on this problem for four hours now, and still have made no progress.

Apr 22, 2018 8:16 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 8:27 AM in response to Rebecca_M In response to Rebecca_M

Get (phone) support for a device that’s out of warranty - Apple Support

“If your device is no longer within our limited warranty or covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+, you can buy a single incident of support.”

Other than that, you will have to make due with free advise from volunteers, like on these boards.

Apr 22, 2018 8:27 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Rebecca_M

Question: error 56