Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS high Sierra 10.13.4 Update restart failed

in my App Store /Updates is displays "macOS high Sierra 10.13.4 Update". The update has been downloaded previously. When I click on the update I get a "restarting your computer" with a count down. When it reached the countdown or the restart button is pressed, I get a notification "Available updates have changed. Click “Show Details” to see the available updates". When I click on the "Show Details", it just goes back to the Update screen. The Mac has been rebooted various time but it does not update the system. The version currently installed is macOS 10.13.3 (17D102). How can I force the update or re-initialize. It's been like this for days.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Update Failed

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 8:14 AM

Try installing in Safe Mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Try installing the 10.13.4 Combo Update in Safe Mode:

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Combo Update

The Combo Update is a fuller install, as opposed to an incremental "delta" update, so it should overwrite any files that are damaged or missing. It does not matter if you have applied it before. It should preserve all your data and settings but that said you should always have a backup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2018 8:14 AM in response to bjhfromcenturion

Try installing in Safe Mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Try installing the 10.13.4 Combo Update in Safe Mode:

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Combo Update

The Combo Update is a fuller install, as opposed to an incremental "delta" update, so it should overwrite any files that are damaged or missing. It does not matter if you have applied it before. It should preserve all your data and settings but that said you should always have a backup.

macOS high Sierra 10.13.4 Update restart failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.