Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo Access

I have an iPad Pro, and iPhone X - both are updated, both have iCloud enable for photos, and storage profile indicates 20gb of photos in iCloud.

itunes account the same on both devices.

However, I cannot Access icloud photos from either device.

Please confirm how to access iCloud photos.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 11:26 AM

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service. On iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches) you access the photos via the Photos app on the device. The photos on the device are the same as on iCloud. iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

On a computer you can log in to www.icloud.com and access the Photos app there. The iCloud.com website is not designed for mobile devices. You can force Safari on a mobile device to access the desktop site by first attempting to go to www.icloud.com and then press the semi-circular refresh button in the address bar until "Request Desktop Site" appears. The results aren't great as the site is not designed for mobile access.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2018 11:26 AM in response to Roblaw2b

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service. On iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches) you access the photos via the Photos app on the device. The photos on the device are the same as on iCloud. iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

On a computer you can log in to www.icloud.com and access the Photos app there. The iCloud.com website is not designed for mobile devices. You can force Safari on a mobile device to access the desktop site by first attempting to go to www.icloud.com and then press the semi-circular refresh button in the address bar until "Request Desktop Site" appears. The results aren't great as the site is not designed for mobile access.

Apr 22, 2018 8:26 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks, but my issue is that while I have iCloud access enabled on my devices, photos do not seem to be loaded to the iCloud, or at least I cannot view those photos between devices. And I tried to connect to via Safari, but even with request to access via web browser, it still takes me to the Photo App where no photos show between devices.

Apr 23, 2018 7:12 AM in response to Roblaw2b

Roblaw2b wrote:

... while I have iCloud access enabled on my devices ...

Just to be certain, you have not specifically said in either of your posts that you have iCloud Photo Library turned on. I suspect that you do, but I'm not certain of that.

On both devices do you have Settings > [username] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library turned on?

Apr 23, 2018 7:24 AM in response to FoxFifth

LOL... a reasonable question.

iPad Pro

Apple ID rg*@*********

iCloud Photo Library - on

Upload to My Photo Stream - on
iCloud Photo Sharing - on

iPhone X

Apple ID rg*@*********

iCloud Photo Library - on

Upload to My Photo Stream - on

iCloud Photo Sharing - on

Seems like I should be seeing the same photos on both units, no?

Apple Support told me I had to back up my iPad - which I did - but, to be honest, I don’t see that a backup is the issue - and in any event, that didn’t resolve the problem.

Apr 23, 2018 7:35 AM in response to Roblaw2b

You have more turned on that you need -- Photo Sharing and Photo Stream don't need to be on for iCloud Photo Library to work but that also doesn't hurt.

iCloud Photo Library should (and does) sync even if you never use iCloud Backup.

Your first post indicated that something was showing 20GB of photos in iCloud. Have you tried using a computer to log in to www.icloud.com to see if you can actually see the photos there?

Apr 23, 2018 3:02 PM in response to FoxFifth

Lol.. yes, I was thinking I didn't need them (Photo stream and photo sharing), but when you've tried everything else, you switch those on "just in case".

Yes, I didn't check the iCloud from my computer - and all the pictures are in the cloud from my iPhone, but nothing from my iPad - so I'm guessing I have an iPad issue. My next course of action is to back up my iPad which doesn't seem to be getting backed up into the cloud, so I'll probably back it up on my computer (hopefully) and erase and reset my iPad, and see if that works.

iCloud photo Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.