Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing of Contacts

Has there been any Apple address of this issue? Can we share Contacts between different Apple ID's using Family Sharing yet?

thanks!

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 9:34 AM

8 replies

Apr 22, 2018 10:08 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

as an aside, the support individual suggested sign out FS Apple ID 2, sign back in Admin Apple ID, and when signing out, select the option to "leave info" on the phone. Sync would be accomplished by repeating this procedure on the interval desired. It overlooks the fate of contact data entered under Apple ID 2 when this overwrite from Admin Apple ID takes place 😟.

I know, there's gmail, or other third party work arounds. Just not a fan of Google, don't want to give them contact info on everybody we know/meet.

Apr 23, 2018 3:48 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric!

I signed my own AppleID back into my wife's phone and laptop to get the contacts (calendar, etc.) all over again, and since we've done that for years, I think I'll ride it out until Apple includes Contacts in Family Sharing.

Now, when something iCloud happens that really upsets me and sets me back into this arena, I'll probably head to the App Store and follow your recommendation, jump on third party bandwagon!

thanks again!

Family Sharing of Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.