Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backups in time machine stopped happening after I replaced my hard drive and restored?

Backups in time machine stopped happening after I replaced my hard drive and restored???? How do I get time machine to pickup where it started?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 10:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2018 10:36 AM in response to oneil

This illustrated article, written by the late James Pond, should answer your question. James Pond's work was completed at almost the exact time that Time Machine became extremely stable, so you should simply ignore the references to older versions and use the latest examples he provides:

.Pondini's Time Machine - Frequently Asked Questions -- 19. I got a new Mac, or a new or erased internal HD -- now what?

Be sure to follow the links near the end of the article to learn how to re-associate your Time Machine Backups with your new drive.

Backups in time machine stopped happening after I replaced my hard drive and restored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.