Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing and account from my IPAD

A friend gave me an iPad several years back that I have not used very much.

Model: MB293LL , version 5.1.1, Serial # V5*******Z39

When I tried to sign in on all occasions it request I sign into an old account that one of her nephews put on the unit and I would like to know how to remove that account notice from showing up on this unit. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

iPad, Windows Vista, Not sure about operating system

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 11:54 AM

At this point, it appears that her nephew has not properly removed their Apple ID from the iPad.

I suggest that you try to get a hold of them and provide them with this article so they can do so:

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

5 replies

Apr 22, 2018 12:44 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for the links they may come in very handy. When they refer to whether your iOs is 10.3 etc are they referring to the operating version? Also since I am sure since it was probably a very young nephew that got a hold of it they may not even know what they put into the unit which I do not think is much of anything. It is basically empty from what I can tell. If I can not I guess I will just follow the steps and try to clear the memory on the unit so there is nothing on there since I just have to make sure I am not signed into the cloud or itunes store etc because I have nothing paired with this unit and have no other apple products. I am trying to find out if I can download from the apple store a digital controller app from The Yamaha Corp. but it appears as though all I see is a phone app. When I click on IPAD app nothing shows up so I am trying to get in touch with Yamaha.

Apr 22, 2018 5:02 PM in response to frank_nm

When they refer to whether your iOs is 10.3 etc are they referring to the operating version?

Yes.

If it isn't properly prepared using Tesserax's link, you may find yourself with an Activation Lock one day. Check Settings iCloud to see if the device is signed into iCloud and if Find My Phone is turned on.

A phone app will work on an iPad. An iPad version would be better, but the phone version should work.

Apr 22, 2018 5:16 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the info Eric. It looks like everytime I click on icloud the password request for this other account shows up even when I am logged into iCloud. I guess if I do as per the link that Tesserax sent me it should work. The part you told me to check on iCloud when I am logged in shows Find My Ipad off and the storage /backup is off. There are no photos, videos books or itunes downloaded onto this ipad. What do you think.

Frank

Removing and account from my IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.