Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Lightning AV HDMI Adapter gets "Device not recognised" on LG smart TV

When I connect my (fully updated) iPhone 7 via the Apple Lightning AV HDMI Adapter via a HDMI cable to a HDMI port on my LG smart TV, the port just states "No device recognised" and does not show theactive Skygo screen on my iPhone. I tried this also on my (updated) iPad and on two TVs, changed my HDMI cable but still is not working.

What else can I do ?

null-OTHER, iOS 11.3, Apple Lightning AV HDMI Adapter

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 1:12 AM

Hey graemefromkingston-upon-thames,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, it sounds like you're having playback issues when using the Sky Go app on your iPhone 7. It sounds like you've tested a few components and made sure your device was updated as well. The article below offers additional info to get you pointed in the right direction.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Get help

Find out what to do when you have the following issues.

If you see video but can't hear audio

Make sure that you're using a Digital AV adapter (which has an HDMI port). If you're using a VGA adapter, it doesn't carry audio signals. To hear audio with a VGA adapter, you need to connect to the headset jack on your TV, monitor, projector, or stereo.

If an app doesn't display video or play audio

The app might not be compatible with your adapter. Check compatibility on the app's info page in the App Store or contact the developer.

If an alert says that an HDCP-compatible device is required

Your content might not be compatible with your adapter. Movies, TV shows, and certain streaming video apps require High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). If you try to play these movies, shows, and streaming videos using a non-HDCP digital connection—like the Apple VGA Adapter—an alert will ask for an HDCP-compatible device.

If you still need help.

If you need help with other issues

1. Disconnect and reconnect your adapter from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and from your TV, monitor, or projector.
  2. Make sure that your VGA or HDMI cable works, since the issue could be with the cable.
  3. Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters. Accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signals to different video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) aren't compatible.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.

For more help, contact Apple Support, to set up service for your:

iPhone

Take care.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2018 1:12 AM in response to graemefromkingston-upon-thames

Hey graemefromkingston-upon-thames,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. From your post, it sounds like you're having playback issues when using the Sky Go app on your iPhone 7. It sounds like you've tested a few components and made sure your device was updated as well. The article below offers additional info to get you pointed in the right direction.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Get help

Find out what to do when you have the following issues.

If you see video but can't hear audio

Make sure that you're using a Digital AV adapter (which has an HDMI port). If you're using a VGA adapter, it doesn't carry audio signals. To hear audio with a VGA adapter, you need to connect to the headset jack on your TV, monitor, projector, or stereo.

If an app doesn't display video or play audio

The app might not be compatible with your adapter. Check compatibility on the app's info page in the App Store or contact the developer.

If an alert says that an HDCP-compatible device is required

Your content might not be compatible with your adapter. Movies, TV shows, and certain streaming video apps require High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). If you try to play these movies, shows, and streaming videos using a non-HDCP digital connection—like the Apple VGA Adapter—an alert will ask for an HDCP-compatible device.

If you still need help.

If you need help with other issues

1. Disconnect and reconnect your adapter from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and from your TV, monitor, or projector.
  2. Make sure that your VGA or HDMI cable works, since the issue could be with the cable.
  3. Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters. Accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signals to different video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) aren't compatible.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.

For more help, contact Apple Support, to set up service for your:

iPhone

Take care.

Apr 30, 2018 1:17 AM in response to MoonJ.

My problem was to stream or mirror Skygo from my iPhone7 (and iPad) onto my smart TV. I visited an Apple shop to test my Lightning/HDMI AV Adapter, where I was told that the problem is with Sky who block such activity. So it means that watching Skygo is not possible - neither in the UK nor EU - on a TV - and I can only use my iPhone or iPad.

Apple Lightning AV HDMI Adapter gets "Device not recognised" on LG smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.