Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id on apple watch

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use a different apple id on an apple watch than on your iPhone ?

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 2:59 PM

Unfortunately the only way to change the watch Apple ID is from the Watch app on the paired iPhone. I have no idea whether that would cause a conflict with your father’s ID already on the iPhone or not, and I’m not sure anyone here has tried what you are scheming.

I’m also unsure how the pairing to your father’s phone would impact stuff like email and iMessage traffic. I suspect this would still sync via Bluetooth to your dad’s phone if it was within range, and I can’t see a way to transfer the link to your iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2018 2:59 PM in response to SpaceRunner0

Unfortunately the only way to change the watch Apple ID is from the Watch app on the paired iPhone. I have no idea whether that would cause a conflict with your father’s ID already on the iPhone or not, and I’m not sure anyone here has tried what you are scheming.

I’m also unsure how the pairing to your father’s phone would impact stuff like email and iMessage traffic. I suspect this would still sync via Bluetooth to your dad’s phone if it was within range, and I can’t see a way to transfer the link to your iPad.

apple id on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.