Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print comments with Pages 7

Hi there 🙂

I wanted to print a document together with the comments I added in pages, but unfortunately it does not seem to work. I already tried the 'showing comments' and then printing. I know that a way around for some older versions was to export the docuemnt to word or office libre and then print it from there, but that would be unneccessarily complicated I think.I know that for example pages 5 didn't have the comment-printing feature at all, but I was hoping that they managed to add that by now?

I have a Canon Pixma printer btw, in case that has something to do with it.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), Pages Version 7

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 2:09 AM

Pages v7.0 cannot print comments. Your options:

1. If you have access to Pages '09 v4.3, then export from Pages 7.0 as Pages 09 format, and print comments from Pages '09.
  2. If you don't have Pages '09 v4.3, then export your Pages 7.0 document as a Word .docx document (retains comments), and then open the .docx in LibreOffice 6, and print with comments there. This is optional in the LO print panel.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2018 2:09 AM in response to nike_d

Pages v7.0 cannot print comments. Your options:

1. If you have access to Pages '09 v4.3, then export from Pages 7.0 as Pages 09 format, and print comments from Pages '09.
  2. If you don't have Pages '09 v4.3, then export your Pages 7.0 document as a Word .docx document (retains comments), and then open the .docx in LibreOffice 6, and print with comments there. This is optional in the LO print panel.

Apr 23, 2018 2:09 AM in response to VikingOSX

thanks for your fast answer! 🙂

Unfortunately, I don't have Pages '09 so I downloaded LibreOffice now. The comments can only be printed when they have been added in a word document thought, because Pages apparently adds them on the wrong side of the paper, so when you print them in margins via Libre they are out of the picture. The seetings for the comments (like colors for changes or comments themselves) are limited as well, and of course everythings shifts around because I don't just work with pure text.

For now it's better than nothing though, so thank you 🙂

Apr 23, 2018 4:09 AM in response to nike_d

The standard comment alignment for MS Word is on the right, and LibreOffice Writer, being a Word clone, is not going to deviate from this compatibility. This is also why Pages will export Word .docx with right-handed comments.

Since Pages itself is no Word clone, it is free to thumb its nose at accepted industry norms by placing its comments on the left.

How to print comments with Pages 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.