Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera stays on after using any camera app

Hello community ,

I have this weird camera issue that seems to follow me the past few OSX updates.

I have the macbook pro 15 inches screen 2.3 i7 with osx El Capitan. Since I updated from the osx version it was already installed ( mountain lion if I remember correctly) I keep having this camera issue I can't seem to resolve.

When I run any camera app ( e.g. facetime or skype) after closing the app the camera stays on ( I can see the green light) and if I reopen an app that will use the camera it doesn't recognize any camera any more. I have to shutdown my system by holding the power button. If I go through the apple menu -> shutdown the camera light stays on.

Any ideas? I tried resting PRAM ans SMC. I tried installing any OS updates until now. It's really frustrating and I would prefer not having to reinstall the OS from scratch ( actually one of the reason I moved to mac is to avoid the classic format routine on PCs)

Thanks !

Sokratis

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 2:39 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Camera stays on after using any camera app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.