Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: find my iphone got disabled on stolen phone

So my iphone 6 got stolen few days ago and find my iphone was on and the thief didnt turn off my phone so i followed him on the app for a while then he turned the phone off and i enabled lost mode , i didnt click erase button but when i refreshed in find my iphone it was on erase mode automatically , then few hours later i got 3 emails , first that lost mode was enabled , then a sound was played , and the last email was find my iphone disabled and my device was gone from icloud , so how find my iphone was disabled? Was it because of erase mode? cause it said i cant access my phone anymore if i enable erase mode. Or they got arround my passcode and apple id and somehow unlocked the phone?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

I suggest your change your Apple ID Password and consider adding 2 Factor Authentication for more security.

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 11:44 PM in response to tarafromharrisvle In response to tarafromharrisvle

Yes, they need your Apple ID and password to disable Find My iPhone.

When you go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, or via the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device, and sign into your Apple/iCloud account, do you still see it listed? If so, what, exactly does it say the status of your device is?

Best,

GB

Apr 22, 2018 11:44 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple Recommended
User profile for user: tarafromharrisvle

Question: find my iphone got disabled on stolen phone