Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iTunes Music: Some Songs Grayed Out & Won't Play

I have a subscription to Apple iTunes Music. On at least one album that I am trying to play from iTunes, not all of the listed "songs" are playable. For example, I am currently looking at the album "The Seduction of Claude Debussy" by Art of Noise. Only the first song/track on the album — "Il pleure (At The Turn Of The Century)" — will play, and all of the other tracks are grayed out and will not play.

This music is streaming from the iTunes Music service and I have not downloaded it to my local device. I have tried this with two of my computers that are authorized to use the account, and I am logged in under the correct account.

I've searched online and I only see references to grayed-out tracks from music that was loaded into iTunes from CD sources... which is NOT the case here.

What is the solution to (or explanation for?) this problem?

Thanks.

A variety of desktop and laptop Macs, Mac OS X (10.6), null

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 1:52 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

May 18, 2018 3:27 AM in response to turingtest2

I am a music teacher and imports tracks from the piano books' CDs in order to play with the students.

So I download it on my Mac, on iCloud, in order to sync with my iPad. But now I get the grayed out songs on my iPad and iPhone. (all devices updated). From the same CD most songs will work, but then a handful of songs are grayed out. I have tried everything I can find on Google, uncheck and check selection, authorize my computer, checked the Settings a thousand times (yes! iCloud Library is turned on), but yet the gray stays gray.

Its really annoying as I need to use my iPad in class, not the Mac. The songs are all playing on the Mac (it has the dotted cloud next to the grayed out songs), but that defeats the purpose.

PLEASE HELP!

Apple iTunes Music: Some Songs Grayed Out & Won't Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.