Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My imessage keeps turning into a text msg to just one contact in my phone. We have tried everything to fix this. I do not receive any of the nessahes she sends me whether its text or imessage. Apple store told me there is a 2 week wait for an appt

Iphone 6, hss latest update and i have gone to settings, messages etc apple store checked phone and that was all good. Is itmy phone or my girlfriend‘s phone thats the isdue? She has an iphone 7

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 23, 2018 12:31 PM in response to sherita_estelle In response to sherita_estelle

Hi, Sherita!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that when sending a message to your girlfriend (who uses an iPhone 7), your messages are going through as an SMS text instead of iMessage. I'd be happy to help!

There are several reasons why your phone may send an SMS text in place of an iMessage. The following information from If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support reviews possible causes:
  • The person that you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
  • iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
  • iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device.

For the last bullet point above, an example of when iMessage may be temporarily unavailable on your devices is if you or the recipient do not have a strong data connection (via Wi-Fi or your cellular carriers), or may not have one at all.

Based on that information, I would encourage both you and your girlfriend to do that, as well as for both of you to pay attention to whether this happens every time you message her, if it also happens when she messages you, where you both are at the time the issue occurs, and if you have (or do not have) a solid data connection when it happens. If you still have concerns over why this is happening, you can definitely still troubleshoot using the previously provided article.

Have a great day.

Apr 23, 2018 12:31 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: sherita_estelle

Question: My imessage keeps turning into a text msg to just one contact in my phone. We have tried everything to fix this. I do not receive any of the nessahes she sends me whether its text or imessage. Apple store told me there is a 2 week wait for an appt