Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do have the right to post my iMovie project to Instagram using iTunes music for the movie

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileAfter I have completed my iMovie project with the music pulled from my iTunes I’m having a hard time posting to Instagram without going through having to then repost Answering to their agreement that I do have the right to post

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 2:53 PM

8 replies

Apr 22, 2018 7:21 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I apologize would you please help me understand why iMovie allows me to use some songs that I purchased from iTunes in iMovie projects I also have music that I purchased through iTunes that it doesn’t allow me to use I did find an article talking about that I was to take a song that I like and actually alter it in garage band then can used I’m only using the allotted songs that iTunes allows me to for my projects

User uploaded filesorry for all the questions

Apr 22, 2018 7:34 PM in response to allentodd

Being allowed to use a song in an iMovie that you have on your computer for your own personal use is different than creating a movie and posting in on Instagram. That is definitely not covered in the license you have for the music. You would have to request permission from, in this case, INXS to use the music. There would most likely be a fee.

Apr 23, 2018 10:17 AM in response to allentodd

allentodd wrote:

No I wasn’t missing the point. It was the other guy failing to give a simple straight up answer.

The images in your original post make it quite clear that Instagram is rejecting your submission because they suspect it contains copyrighted material: and as I explained songs you purchased in iTunes are copyright and cannot be used without a written permission (which you are not likely to get). iMove will reject songs with DRM (protection) but iTunes songs are no longer sold with this - that doesn't mean that they are free to use. Instragram is very properly requiring that you provide proof of permission to use this material, which you evidently haven't got. If you cannot get written permission you will have to remove the music. That's as straight up as I can make it.

I do have the right to post my iMovie project to Instagram using iTunes music for the movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.