Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How can I go back to OS10.6.8 from OS10.11.6 using Time Machine on an IMac 21.5?

How can I go back to OS10.6.8 from OS10.11.6 using Time Machine on an IMac 21.5?

iMac, OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 7:53 PM in response to Buzz13 In response to Buzz13

What year model is your computer? You can't revert to an OS earlier than your computer shipped with. Does you iMac have a Superdrive which would allow you to to reinstall using the DVDs that came with your computer?

macOS Sierra: Revert to a previous macOS version

Install OSX Restrictions

Apr 22, 2018 7:53 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 8:02 PM in response to Buzz13 In response to Buzz13

Another critical question is how far back does your Time Machine backups go? Does it still have backup available when Snow Leopard was installed on your Mac. Time Machine will delete backup it doesn't need to maintain sufficient space for new backups. So it just might be gone now.

Apr 22, 2018 8:02 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Buzz13

Question: How can I go back to OS10.6.8 from OS10.11.6 using Time Machine on an IMac 21.5?