Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset troubles

Hi guys, I am trying to reset my iPhone 6. I have gone settings ) general ) reset ) erase all content and settings

Now it wont let me do it, if just highlights it when I click but nothing happens. If I click on reset layouts or anything else from the menu it works but not the full reset. Is there any readin for this? Tia. Molly x

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 5:28 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2018 4:11 PM in response to mollynella

Hello mollynella,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are unable to erase all content and settings on your iPhone. I would be happy to help provide some steps to take next.

While the following resource is for help if you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, it provides alternate ways you can erase your iPhone:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If Find My iPhone is enabled on the iPhone, and it is connected to Wi-Fi, you can erase your device using iCloud:

iCloud: Erase your device with Find My iPhone

Keep us posted with what happens from here.

Cheers!

Factory reset troubles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.