Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iTunes update, can't import playlists

Updated iTunes to 12.7.4.80. Can't import playlists. iTunes freezes and won't respond.

Windows 10

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Report the issue to Feedback - iTunes - Apple. Consider reverting back to 12.7.3.46. See the iTunes Installers section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for roll back advice and download links.

tt2

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 7:16 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

The files are actually .m3u8. The script will work, but it is very slow. It takes between 10-20 seconds per song. When I dragged and dropped songs in one at a time to build a playlist it would take about that long as well. Also it will create a new playlist instead of updating the existing playlist.

I am using rekordbox to create playlists, then I import the playlist into iTunes so I can transfer the playlist to my iPad. I've never had this issue before upgrading. Anything I can do to speed up this process?

Apr 22, 2018 7:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 7:38 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

I tried moving my iTunes library file from my second HDD where all my music is stored to my primary SSD. Also gave CCleaner a run to clear any junk files and scanned through the registry to correct any issues. No change in performance.

Apr 22, 2018 7:38 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Apr 23, 2018 3:55 PM in response to Chols1 In response to Chols1

Report the issue to Feedback - iTunes - Apple. Consider reverting back to 12.7.3.46. See the iTunes Installers section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for roll back advice and download links.

tt2

Apr 23, 2018 3:55 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 23, 2018 2:56 AM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

If my current library isn’t compatible will I lose anything by reverting to a backup or creating a new library? I ran into that issue trying a 12.4 install version and was afraid of doing anything to change my current library.

Apr 23, 2018 2:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 23, 2018 3:13 AM in response to Chols1 In response to Chols1

Assuming you go back to 12.7.3.46, and you follow the advice on restoring the database from the Previous iTunes Libraries folder, you lose any changes you made since you installed 12.7.4.x. You can add the media folder to the library to pick up any tracks that you added in the last few weeks.

tt2

Apr 23, 2018 3:13 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 23, 2018 3:59 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

Wow this worked perfectly. I did the clean uninstall/reinstall you outlined in your guide and went back to 12.7.3.46. I found a previous library that I could use as a base. I added my entire library collection back and there were no duplicates.

I'm now able to create playlists in rekordbox, save them as .m3u8, and import into iTunes nearly instantly. Thank you for your help and guides.

Apr 23, 2018 3:59 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Chols1

Question: iTunes update, can't import playlists