Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does ATV gen 4 have a lock symbol in iTunes? Will not go away!

So many people have this same exact problem. iTunes shows a "LOCK" symbol next to the only ATV gen 4 on my system. NOTHING will make this lock go away. No passcode is set, no security, restarting/resetting makes no difference yet people reply with these same things to try.. I don't understand why anyone would answer if they do not know what the problem is. Apple has a bad batch of these ATV's and of course you can't get a replacement after a year. Funny thing is that a year ago this never happened. Very frustrating, now I cannot use my ATV gen 4 at all!

Only relevant on-screen message is that it needs to be on the same network and oh yes, Itunes is never available, even after restarting, and resetting. "Cannot connect to XXXXX itunes library", etc. Absolutely Maddening!!!!!

Please do not respond if you don't know the solution! Restarting and resetting is not a solution at this point. Send me a personal message if you want to know how I really feel about this!

Apple TV, iOS 10.1.1, null

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 7:32 PM

There are no replies.

Why does ATV gen 4 have a lock symbol in iTunes? Will not go away!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.