Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time resetting

Every time I power up my iPhone the time resets to local time. Ok if I remember to put it back to what I've set it to, but if I forget then it's a pain.

Is there a way to stop it resetting to local time?

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 12:00 AM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2018 12:28 AM in response to BigDingus

There may be one of a few things going on, I had written a reply then thought to ask what

you had tried first. So this is a second attempt with only one appearing in your thread.

There are 'nearby automatic location services' that may affect settings in your iOS device.

Get help with the date and time on your iPhone, iPad, and ...

If you see the wrong date, time, or time zone, or can't automatically switch to daylight

savings time on your iOS device, learn what to do.

User uploaded filehttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203483

Some regions, countries, or states do not use 'daylight saving' time or have odd overlapping

zones that make travels between them difficult if you need accuracy. I wear an analog watch.

iPhone or iPad showing the wrong time? Try these steps - iOS

iPhone or iPad showing the wrong time? ... throw you into a different time zone and

cause the ... time zone. By default, all Macs will set the date ...

User uploaded fileidownloadblog.com/2016/03/29/fix-ios-showing-wrong-time/

You can also set the time through the Calendar app; this may affect other aspects of time.

And manual settings in Date/Time if that were to be used, would require manual re-set later.

iCloud: Change the calendar time zone in iCloud - Apple Support

In iCloud Calendar, set the time zone of different events and calendars

by turning on time zone support.

User uploaded filehttps://support.apple.com/kb/PH2677?locale=en_US

iPhone or iPad Showing Wrong Time? Fix it Easily, Here is How

iPhone or iPad Showing Wrong Time? Fix it Easily, ... Having the proper date and clock set

on an iPhone, ... Be sure the Time Zone setting is set properly for your ...

User uploaded fileosxdaily.com/iphone-ipad-wrong-time-fix/

So there are more than a few things that may affect the time selection in your device due to

an association with network time servers, odd time zones between local regions, & so on.

Also any nearby location services may also affect your time. ~ I try to dissuade their use.

User uploaded file

Apr 23, 2018 1:38 AM in response to BigDingus

Is there a way to stop it resetting to local time?

Local time is needed for many services. Secure connections often have a time factor in the authentication. If you want to know the time of other time zones, then perhaps the World Clock tab in the Clock app (or one of the many other clock apps in the App Store) is the better approach?

Time resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.