Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup the data of one IPhone, sharing the same ICloud account with another IPhone?

So, my phone 6 just died, and it won't turn on anymore. I had to use a phone, so I decided to insert my sim card into an old phone 6, which was my mothers.

But, she was stil logged in with her ICloud account. Now she has a new phone with the same ICloud account. So there are now two phones sharing the same ICloud account. Her old Iphone, and her new iPhone. She doesn't use this iPhone anymore.

On her old phone there were still pictures etc. she made before she got her new phone. I want to log into her old iPhone with my own ICloud account, but hers is still logged in.

If I log out of this Iphone, will it affect anything on her other device? Will I lose all the data still stored on this IPhone?

If so, I would like to make a backup of this device, but I've got no idea If it will affect anything. Maybe there are other suggestions or things I could do?

Sorry for the long message and bad english, thanks.

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 8:31 AM

As long as her data is already in the cloud and shown on her new phone when you disconnect the old phone from her iCloud account and let it delete the data from that phone only everything will be OK in her new phone and her account, leaving the phone clear to receive your iCloud data.

tt2

9 replies

How do I backup the data of one IPhone, sharing the same ICloud account with another IPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.