Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I backup the data of one IPhone, sharing the same ICloud account with another IPhone?

So, my phone 6 just died, and it won't turn on anymore. I had to use a phone, so I decided to insert my sim card into an old phone 6, which was my mothers.

But, she was stil logged in with her ICloud account. Now she has a new phone with the same ICloud account. So there are now two phones sharing the same ICloud account. Her old Iphone, and her new iPhone. She doesn't use this iPhone anymore.

On her old phone there were still pictures etc. she made before she got her new phone. I want to log into her old iPhone with my own ICloud account, but hers is still logged in.

If I log out of this Iphone, will it affect anything on her other device? Will I lose all the data still stored on this IPhone?

If so, I would like to make a backup of this device, but I've got no idea If it will affect anything. Maybe there are other suggestions or things I could do?

Sorry for the long message and bad english, thanks.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

As long as her data is already in the cloud and shown on her new phone when you disconnect the old phone from her iCloud account and let it delete the data from that phone only everything will be OK in her new phone and her account, leaving the phone clear to receive your iCloud data.

tt2

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 23, 2018 8:31 AM in response to Katrienn In response to Katrienn

Logging out of iCloud from the phone won't affect the account that you log out of. You may be given the option to keep or discard some data. You should discard it so as not to mix it up with your own when you sign into your account.

tt2

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Logging out of iCloud from the phone won't affect the account that you log out of. You may be given the option to keep or discard some data. You should discard it so as not to mix it up with your own when you sign into your account.

tt2

Apr 23, 2018 8:31 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 23, 2018 3:55 AM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

Thanks very much!

I'm just a bit concerned about the fact that apple asks me If it's okay that all data will be removed from this particular device.

So even If there are some things on this phone that aren't on the new iPhone, I will still keep it?

Apr 23, 2018 3:55 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

As long as her data is already in the cloud and shown on her new phone when you disconnect the old phone from her iCloud account and let it delete the data from that phone only everything will be OK in her new phone and her account, leaving the phone clear to receive your iCloud data.

tt2

Apr 23, 2018 8:31 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 23, 2018 12:05 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

I've got one last question, sorry haha..

You said If data from her old phone is also on her new phone, there's no problem with deleting data on that device.

But What If there are some pictures for example that aren't on her new phone, but do exist on her old phone. If I sign out then, would those pictures be removed?

Thanks again :)

Apr 23, 2018 12:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 23, 2018 12:46 PM in response to Katrienn In response to Katrienn

See Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Export all images to a computer for security. The device might also have images that were synced to it from a computer. Signing out of her iCloud account shouldn't affect that.

tt2

Apr 23, 2018 12:46 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Katrienn

Question: How do I backup the data of one IPhone, sharing the same ICloud account with another IPhone?