Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore iPhone 6s Plus to get rid of app bugs but still keep my data.

I have tried to restore my phone before and back up with iCloud backup but I am still experiencing camera freezing on apps, app crashing and freezing. My phone is brand knew and last time I was in an Apple store they said I should try setting my phone up as new. How would I be able to do that but keep my notes and photos etc. I don’t care about apps or anything I can re download them I just want my current photos to still be on my phone. I am running on the current iOS as well

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 3:26 AM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2018 3:36 AM in response to tayanna8

Sync your Photos using iCloud Photo Library.

or you can transfer them to your computer, using this guide:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sync also Contacts, Calendars, and Notes to iCloud.

When done, restore your iPhone to factory settings, and, at the end, set it up as new.

Follow the steps provided in this support guide:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

After setting it up as new, as soon as you enter your Apple ID, your photos, contacts, calendars and notes will be available on your iPhone.

Don't restore it from the backup.

Regards

Giulio

Apr 23, 2018 3:44 AM in response to ProustGiulio

ProustGiulio wrote:

...After setting it up as new, as soon as you enter your Apple ID, your photos, contacts, calendars and notes will be available on your iPhone.

EDIT:

Your photos will be available if they were synced using iCloud Photo Library.

Obviously, if you decided to transfer them to your computer, you need to move them back to your iphone.

How to restore iPhone 6s Plus to get rid of app bugs but still keep my data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.