Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my MacBook air camera is not working, it says no camera available. What should I do?

My MacBook air camera is not responding. It says no camera connected, what should I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 4:24 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2018 7:26 AM in response to uqazi

Hello uqazi,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with the FaceTime HD on your MacBook Air. You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Next, reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your MacBook Air, as this controls certain hardware components on your MacBook Air. Then test your issue again.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

my MacBook air camera is not working, it says no camera available. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.