Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using family members Apple TV4K as HomeKit Hub.

Hi,

In my household we are 3 family members, my son, my daugther and me.. In our setup we have a lot of HomeKit devices, and 4 pcs of Apple TV4/4K´s in total .. 2 of these are using my Apple ID for iCloud, and my daugther and son both have their own Apple TV4/4K logged in with their own Apple ID to iCloud .. Both my Daugther and Son are members of our Family Sharing, and both are members of HomeKit group, with me as owner.

Now my question is, why am I not able to use my childrens Apple TV4/4K´s as a HomeKit Hub, and having their Aplle TV´s showing up in the Home app like my 2 Apple TV´s are doing, when they are part of my family!?

Regards

Stig :-)

Apple TV 4K, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 5:31 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2018 8:08 AM in response to stig152

Hello stig152,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble setting up a home hub using your son or daughter's Apple TV, and I have some information that may help.

Have a look at the articles below for some helpful information on how to make sure the Apple TV is set up to be used as a home hub. You'll want to be sure that the hub is signed in to the same Apple ID as your iOS device.

Automate and remotely access your HomeKit accessories - Apple Support
Use the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Using family members Apple TV4K as HomeKit Hub.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.