Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a 27 inch mac with 21000 contacts as i run a business. it says out of memory when i am trying to delete duplicates and the app crashes I have 10 Gb Ram Please help

Hi All

i have a 27 inch 3.1 ghz i 5 mac with 21000 contacts as i run a business.

it says out of memory when i am trying to delete duplicate contacts and the app crashes after a few hours

I have 10 Gb Ram.

Please help

Thank you

Dhruv C

iMac, iOS 10.3.3, 3.1 ghz i5

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 6:18 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 23, 2018 7:13 AM in response to DHRUVCHANDRA

21,000 contacts is fine, the app is more than capable of handling twice as many (Limits for iCloud Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Bookmarks - Apple Support), however you might want to check that you haven't exceeded some of the other limits associated with contacts, you might also want to check that you haven't introduced any illegal characters into any of the contact fields (especially the notes)

Apr 23, 2018 10:53 AM in response to DHRUVCHANDRA

Try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. You can run the report for free at least once, but if you run it several times, at some point it will ask you to pay a license fee.

Etrecheck – System Information

i have a 27 inch mac with 21000 contacts as i run a business. it says out of memory when i am trying to delete duplicates and the app crashes I have 10 Gb Ram Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.