Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X touch screen acting crazy

I got an iPhone X two weeks ago and it worked fine for the first couple of days, but then it started doing all sorts of crazy things. The touch screen is sometimes unresponsive and other times acts as if it's being touched even if it's sitting flat on a table. I don't have a case or screen protector on it. Sometimes when I'm scrolling it'll just open random links, other times it'll zoom instead of scrolling, even if I set the phone down and make sure I'm only touching it with one finger.

Sometimes I can't type in messenger or messages, it'll just put in random letters nowhere near where I'm touching, and other times I can't swipe up out of apps.

What's weird is it seems that if I close out of an app some other apps will work fine, but I've experienced the issue in Chrome, Facebook, Messenger, Messages, and Mail. A hard restart doesn't help.

I haven't done a restore yet, but will this weekend if you think it's likely to help, I just don't want to log into all my apps again. Any advice?

iPhone X, iOS 11.3, null

Posted on Apr 24, 2018 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2018 7:21 PM

I have, no luck. I have an appointment at an Apple store, but it's a week out, not sure if I'll last another week. Would it be worth taking it into an AT&T store to have them see if they can replace it, or should I just wait for Apple?

Similar questions

7 replies

iPhone X touch screen acting crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.