Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I consolidate a project?

I have a large new project on an external hard drive that I have used clips from an additional externald HD hooked up to my Mac. When I remove it, I can't see the clips. How do I save the project or get all the clips in one place? When I finish, Can I send it to the theatre of YouTUbe if it is using to External hard drives?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 9:38 AM

Hi, James,

Here's a copy of the help link that shows you how to consolidate you projects:

Consolidate projects and events

In the course of creating a movie or trailer, you might use clips and photos outside of your library, especially if a storage device that contains media or iMovie libraries is attached to your Mac. If the media in a movie, a trailer, or an event is located outside your iMovie library, you can consolidate all the media in one location (either on your Mac or on a connected storage device) by copying the media to your iMovie library.

Collect the source media files for a library or an event in one location

1. If you don’t see the Libraries list, click the Libraries List button User uploaded file at the top of the browser.
  2. To select files to consolidate, do one of the following:
    • Select a library in the Libraries list.
    • Select one or more events in the Libraries list.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • Consolidate source media for a library: Choose File > Consolidate Library Media.
    • Consolidate source media for an event: Choose File > Consolidate Event Media.
  4. In the window that appears, click OK.If a message appears stating that there is nothing to consolidate, all of your media files are already consolidated in one location.

Collect the source media files for a movie or a trailer in one location

1. Do one of the following:
    • If the project is not open: Click the Projects button in the toolbar.User uploaded file
    • If the project is open: Click the Projects back button in the upper-left of the toolbar.User uploaded file
  2. Select the project you want to consolidate, then choose File > Consolidate Project Media.
  3. In the window that appears, click OK.If a message appears stating that there is nothing to consolidate, all of your media files are already consolidated in one location.The project media is consolidated into the open library.

Best,

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2018 9:38 AM in response to James Fernald

Hi, James,

Here's a copy of the help link that shows you how to consolidate you projects:

Consolidate projects and events

In the course of creating a movie or trailer, you might use clips and photos outside of your library, especially if a storage device that contains media or iMovie libraries is attached to your Mac. If the media in a movie, a trailer, or an event is located outside your iMovie library, you can consolidate all the media in one location (either on your Mac or on a connected storage device) by copying the media to your iMovie library.

Collect the source media files for a library or an event in one location

1. If you don’t see the Libraries list, click the Libraries List button User uploaded file at the top of the browser.
  2. To select files to consolidate, do one of the following:
    • Select a library in the Libraries list.
    • Select one or more events in the Libraries list.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • Consolidate source media for a library: Choose File > Consolidate Library Media.
    • Consolidate source media for an event: Choose File > Consolidate Event Media.
  4. In the window that appears, click OK.If a message appears stating that there is nothing to consolidate, all of your media files are already consolidated in one location.

Collect the source media files for a movie or a trailer in one location

1. Do one of the following:
    • If the project is not open: Click the Projects button in the toolbar.User uploaded file
    • If the project is open: Click the Projects back button in the upper-left of the toolbar.User uploaded file
  2. Select the project you want to consolidate, then choose File > Consolidate Project Media.
  3. In the window that appears, click OK.If a message appears stating that there is nothing to consolidate, all of your media files are already consolidated in one location.The project media is consolidated into the open library.

Best,

-- Rich

How do I consolidate a project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.