Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't mount an ExFat partition on MacOS

Hi guys,

So I have a Hard disk that is split into 3 partitions : NTFS, MacOS Extended and ExFat

Very recently, a read operation from the disk onto my laptop got interrupted due to a loose wire. I suspect this is the cause of all my suffering (-.-;)

Anyway, my concern is that the said ExFat partition refuses to mount no matter what

First Aid can't be done cause it does not mount and trying to mount via terminal only ends with it timing out

I suspected corruption but the partition works like a charm on the windows side of my machine with all the data that I was copying when the wire came off being perfectly fine

Considering that I can access the data via Windows, I could move some quantity of data around but I don't have a spare HDD to keep all the data on the off chance that I'll need to reformat the drive

I'm so lost here ;_;

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

trying to mount via disk utility or terminal has no effect 😐

If it makes a difference, I was using VLC player on mkv files inside said partition before I started the botched read operation

Edit : upon further examination, I can't unmount my other 2 partitions also :s

How does one beat these odds huh?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), null

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 11:02 PM

Thanks so much! You're a real life saver (^_^)/

fsck_exfat did the trick 😝

As it turns out, my disk was as clean as it could get. It's just that the improper ejection got it marked as dirty

You saved me a lotta frustration *phew*

Similar questions

2 replies

Can't mount an ExFat partition on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.