Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock my locked iPhone from iTunes?

i have my iPhone that i was using but somehow my iPhone got locked due to wrong passcode. how i can unlock this iPhone . The phone is regostered in my name and was used under my apple id *********@ gmail.com

Regards

Amit ****

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 6:19 PM

Once your iPhone is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to restore it to new condition.

Connect the iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. This means to use a genuine Apple Lightning cord and connect the phone to a USB port on the computer. The computer will have iTunes version 12.5 or later running. You can locate the version number on the computer by clicking on the iTunes menu (top left) and choosing 'about iTunes'. On a Windows computer, you'd choose Help and then About.*

Hold down the power button and the home button on the phone:

> keep holding - the screen will go dark

> keep holding - the Apple appears and then disappears

> keep holding - the iTunes logo with the cord appears on the phone screen

> let go - Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPhone, you can let go of the buttons.

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPhone.

On the computer, select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPhone, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPhone will be ready when it says hello on the iPhone screen.

*If the iTunes version is older than 12.5, go to http://www.itunes.com and choose the Download button to download the latest version. Install it before starting to restore the phone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2018 6:19 PM in response to amitsar

Once your iPhone is disabled, you are out of options. Your only choice is to restore it to new condition.

Connect the iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes running. This means to use a genuine Apple Lightning cord and connect the phone to a USB port on the computer. The computer will have iTunes version 12.5 or later running. You can locate the version number on the computer by clicking on the iTunes menu (top left) and choosing 'about iTunes'. On a Windows computer, you'd choose Help and then About.*

Hold down the power button and the home button on the phone:

> keep holding - the screen will go dark

> keep holding - the Apple appears and then disappears

> keep holding - the iTunes logo with the cord appears on the phone screen

> let go - Once the iTunes logo is on the screen of the iPhone, you can let go of the buttons.

There is a prompt on the computer screen that says there is something wrong with the iPhone.

On the computer, select Restore and follow the prompts. This will erase the iPhone, and you will lose all of your content and settings.

The iPhone will be ready when it says hello on the iPhone screen.

*If the iTunes version is older than 12.5, go to http://www.itunes.com and choose the Download button to download the latest version. Install it before starting to restore the phone.

Apr 27, 2018 6:14 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Good response, except:

That is not correct. You can restore a backup after restoring iOS.

Using the restore function wipes the phone and installs the iOS. At that point you have the option of recovering a stored backup if you choose, or you can continue with setup. My wording meant to convey the idea that you would be required to start over with the phone from the beginning of setup, as you would with a new phone. That is the only option.

how to unlock my locked iPhone from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.