Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple blank screen on my ipad mini

User uploaded file

The picture above is the one I screenshotted on my ipad mini. I've encountered this for 3-4 times now. This usually occurs when I open an app And get no response from it/the app lagged which resulted to ipad lagging too (not really sure) This blank screen lasts for a while and I don't really know how to put it back on. I tried pressing the power button several times and pressing and holding it for a few minutes.

This actually just happened earlier, I tried charging it just in case, but I'm 100% the battery wasn't dead because I just charged it 30mins before it lagged. After I keep pressing the power button while charging it, It magically went back to normal. I just wanted to know the problem and how I can fix it. Anyway, sorry If It's kinda confusing to understand. I hope someone can figure this one out. Thank you.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3, null

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 3:30 PM

Hello ygsmminkyghn,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with your iPad screen being frozen when opening an app and not responding to the power button. At this point, we would like you to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ​
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2018 3:30 PM in response to ygsmminkyghn

Hello ygsmminkyghn,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with your iPad screen being frozen when opening an app and not responding to the power button. At this point, we would like you to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ​
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Cheers!

Purple blank screen on my ipad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.