Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my movies?

I created and then exported a slideshow in Photos.app and used iTunes to synch it to my iPad Pro. iTunes shows 12 Home Videos synched to my my iPad movies. My iPad's General Settings shows 20 videos.

I cannot find any of the iTunes videos anywhere. I checked Music, Photos, TV, iMovie, and Clips. I even asked Siri. Nothing. Where did they go?

All software is up to date and current.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 8:06 PM

Greetings LSQ,

I understand you're not able to locate the slideshow you've created and synced with iTunes to your iPad Pro.

You mentioned you checked the TV app for your slideshow, but have you had a chance to view the Library section of the TV app?

The following support article offers good information for this situation: Use the Apple TV App on your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Specifically, the following section may prove helpful:

Library

User uploaded file

To find a list of all shows and movies that you purchased or rented in the iTunes Store, open the Library tab and select TV Shows or Movies. On your iPhone and iPad, the Library tab also shows your recent purchases and any home videos that you transferred to your device. To see more of your recently purchased content, tap See All.

Let me know if the provided information helps you to locate the video.

Kind regards.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2018 8:06 PM in response to LSQ

Greetings LSQ,

I understand you're not able to locate the slideshow you've created and synced with iTunes to your iPad Pro.

You mentioned you checked the TV app for your slideshow, but have you had a chance to view the Library section of the TV app?

The following support article offers good information for this situation: Use the Apple TV App on your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Specifically, the following section may prove helpful:

Library

User uploaded file

To find a list of all shows and movies that you purchased or rented in the iTunes Store, open the Library tab and select TV Shows or Movies. On your iPhone and iPad, the Library tab also shows your recent purchases and any home videos that you transferred to your device. To see more of your recently purchased content, tap See All.

Let me know if the provided information helps you to locate the video.

Kind regards.

Apr 26, 2018 8:20 PM in response to chris_g1

Chris,

Thank you for your helpful reply. I had looked at the Library tab before but failed to see the Home Movies section. There was one movie there, the last slideshow I had just added to iTunes on my mac. The other 11 movies listed in iTunes are not there. Perhaps I'll try re-adding them to iTunes and see if they also get transferred. This iPad is my new one, is it possible that the 11 movies were not transferred over from my old iPad with my other data?

My main concerns with all of this are (1) learning how to move data back and forth between Mac and iPad/iPhone (and finding it on the new device!) and (2) not ending up with multiple copies that unnecessarily take up lots of RAM.

Thanks again for your advice.

Where are my movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.