Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ken Burn effekt in iMovie 10.1.1

I want to make a short zoom in on a clip and then make the clip stay in that size. Is that possible in iMovie

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 2:19 AM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2018 3:31 AM in response to Svenborje

Split the clip, where you want the zoom to end, then apply the Ken Burns effect to the first half of the clip to zoom in.

• Set the start frame to show the full clip, uncropped.
  • Set the end frame to show the crop for the zoomed section you want to show

For the second half of the clip, use again Ken Burns, but set the start and the end frame to the same cropped section of the image as the end frame of the first half of the clip.

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/movc6e02f503

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/movc6e02f503

Apr 26, 2018 1:21 PM in response to Svenborje

Hi,

First, you might want to consider updating to current iMovie 10.1.9 and High Sierra unless you have some reason for wanting to stay with Mavericks.

My method for adjusting the Ken Burns effect to give a zoom and hold is essentially the same as Léonie's. Here are the steps that I use:

1. Select your clip in the timeline.

2. Modify/Split the clip where you want the zoom to end. Now you have clips 1 and 2.

3. Set your Ken Burns zoom on clip 1 and click reset.

4. After setting your Ken Burns zoom, Select/Edit/Copy clip 1.

5. Select clip 2.

6. From the iMovie menu, click on Edit/Paste Adjustments/Crop clip 2. That will paste the Ken Burns zoom for clip 1 into clip 2.

7. While clip 2 is selected, click on the crop button, Ken Burns, for clip 2.

8. Click on the little reverse arrows to the right of the Ken Burns selection box.

9. On clip 2, adjust the Ken Burns end point so it is the same as your start point.

10. Click reset.

I have found that this gives a perfect zoom and hold with precision.

-- Rich

Ken Burn effekt in iMovie 10.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.