Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete analytics data

hello i want to delete analytics data ( i turn off to share my data but is still there ) i connect with i tunes but next they arleday there !

any ideas?

Posted on Apr 27, 2018 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2018 5:13 AM

Hello

I have managed to delete most of the gathered analytics data without resetting the device by using Xcode's tool "Devices and Simulators" (a screen shot of the tool is seen in the Fig. 1.).

This is probably rather heavy workaround for most of the typical users as you only need one tiny application from the Xcode to accomplish this. Additionally, consider the following before rushing into the action:

1) you do not gain much from purging of the analytics data (apart from removing some clutter if it bothers you .)

2) this approach might not work all of the time

3) understand that the use developer tools on your device might activate features that are not discussed here. Proceed only if you know what you are doing...

4) and finally, do take backups of your device *before* doing anything, just in case!

What you need is:

1) a MacOS/Mac OS X operating system (in order to run Xcode... Tested on version 10.13.4)

2) Xcode (search from the App Store. Tested on version 9.3)

3) Your device attached to the computer with a USB cable (tested on iPhone 7/iOS version 11.3.1).

Once you have Xcode installed, do the following:

a) Open Xcode, and select menu "Window > Devices and Simulators"; or use the short cut ⇧⌘2 for the same effect

b) If this was the first time you used Xcode together with your device, Xcode might instruct you to unlock your device, and approve something before your device appears to the list of devices

c) Once your device appears to the list, select your device, and click "View Device Logs" (Xcode might download some symbol data from the device before the button is enabled)

d) Select the log files you want to remove (you can select multiple items at once)

e) Right click/secondary click over the items to open a menu which says something like "Delete Logs, Export Logs, Re-Symbolicate Logs"

f) At this step, you may want to export the log files if you think they are important

g) Click "Delete Logs" and follow the instructions given by Xcode application.

The first time I deleted logs using this method, the list shown in Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data was reduced to only a few items. Since then, newer logs have been generated, but deleting them by using this method *did not* remove them from the iPhone's list of analytics data. So, it seems that this approach only deletes the old logs (i.e. the logs with smaller version number than is currently in use, but I have not been able to confirm this because there has been no updates).

User uploaded file

Figure 1. Xcode Devices and Simulators: Connected Devices.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2018 5:13 AM in response to mixalisco12

Hello

I have managed to delete most of the gathered analytics data without resetting the device by using Xcode's tool "Devices and Simulators" (a screen shot of the tool is seen in the Fig. 1.).

This is probably rather heavy workaround for most of the typical users as you only need one tiny application from the Xcode to accomplish this. Additionally, consider the following before rushing into the action:

1) you do not gain much from purging of the analytics data (apart from removing some clutter if it bothers you .)

2) this approach might not work all of the time

3) understand that the use developer tools on your device might activate features that are not discussed here. Proceed only if you know what you are doing...

4) and finally, do take backups of your device *before* doing anything, just in case!

What you need is:

1) a MacOS/Mac OS X operating system (in order to run Xcode... Tested on version 10.13.4)

2) Xcode (search from the App Store. Tested on version 9.3)

3) Your device attached to the computer with a USB cable (tested on iPhone 7/iOS version 11.3.1).

Once you have Xcode installed, do the following:

a) Open Xcode, and select menu "Window > Devices and Simulators"; or use the short cut ⇧⌘2 for the same effect

b) If this was the first time you used Xcode together with your device, Xcode might instruct you to unlock your device, and approve something before your device appears to the list of devices

c) Once your device appears to the list, select your device, and click "View Device Logs" (Xcode might download some symbol data from the device before the button is enabled)

d) Select the log files you want to remove (you can select multiple items at once)

e) Right click/secondary click over the items to open a menu which says something like "Delete Logs, Export Logs, Re-Symbolicate Logs"

f) At this step, you may want to export the log files if you think they are important

g) Click "Delete Logs" and follow the instructions given by Xcode application.

The first time I deleted logs using this method, the list shown in Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data was reduced to only a few items. Since then, newer logs have been generated, but deleting them by using this method *did not* remove them from the iPhone's list of analytics data. So, it seems that this approach only deletes the old logs (i.e. the logs with smaller version number than is currently in use, but I have not been able to confirm this because there has been no updates).

User uploaded file

Figure 1. Xcode Devices and Simulators: Connected Devices.

delete analytics data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.