Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime always displays poor connection only on Macbook Pro

I have run into an issue with my Macbook Pro 2017 since the first day I bought it in early January 2018. Whenever I call someone on Facetime, the video will always cut out only on the recipient's end and display "poor connection." This does not happen when using my iPhone, iPad, or iPad mini on the same Wi-fi. Also, this error occurs no matter which wi-fi I am on, leading me to believe it is not a connection issue, but a software issue. I can always see their video just fine and the sound on both ends is also fine.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips here with no success: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203585

If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Details:

Macbook Pro 2017 w/ touchbar and touch ID

macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), 2017

Posted on Apr 27, 2018 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2018 8:46 AM

I'm having the same exact problem. Same 2017 MacBook Pro with High Sierra and it doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or hard wired Ethernet. My speeds are 298mbps down and 29mbps up. I've tested the speed right when the poor connection starts and these are the numbers I get. I can always see the other person but my image on their screen says poor connection. Usually it takes a few minutes for it to happen. It doesn't happen with my iPhone though.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2018 8:46 AM in response to sproinks

I'm having the same exact problem. Same 2017 MacBook Pro with High Sierra and it doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or hard wired Ethernet. My speeds are 298mbps down and 29mbps up. I've tested the speed right when the poor connection starts and these are the numbers I get. I can always see the other person but my image on their screen says poor connection. Usually it takes a few minutes for it to happen. It doesn't happen with my iPhone though.

Facetime always displays poor connection only on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.