Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano "accessory not supported"

Hi,

After updating my IPod nano, the headphones no longer work.

I cannot hear anything and on the screen pops up "Accessory not supported" when i plug it in.

I use the same headphones for my phone and works fine.

I also used a spare set and still do not work...

What the **** have apple done now?

iPod nano, SW 1.1.2

Posted on Apr 29, 2018 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2018 3:12 AM

Hi AppleJen77,

That was no help!

The earphones i am using came with my ipod, the spare i tried came with my phone.

This only happened after i updated, and my ipod is just out of the 1 yr warranty by 2 months, i am not paying Apple anything to fix what they screwed up.

There is nothing wrong with the port, the device charges and still connects to Itunes without hassle.

Even after restoring and wiping everything off it, it still says "Accessory is not supported"

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2018 3:12 AM in response to AppleJen77

Hi AppleJen77,

That was no help!

The earphones i am using came with my ipod, the spare i tried came with my phone.

This only happened after i updated, and my ipod is just out of the 1 yr warranty by 2 months, i am not paying Apple anything to fix what they screwed up.

There is nothing wrong with the port, the device charges and still connects to Itunes without hassle.

Even after restoring and wiping everything off it, it still says "Accessory is not supported"

Apr 30, 2018 11:57 AM in response to Custodian79

Hi there, Custodian79!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with your iPod Nano showing “Accessory Unsupported” when you plug in headphones and I am happy to help out! Please take a look at this article with steps to follow If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge. Even though this article is for issues charging, the steps would also be helpful in your situation. Specifically, check out step 1 of the section titled "If an alert says that your accessory isn't supported or certified" (the link above should link directly to this section) and be sure there is not any debris in the port for the headphone. This article will also provide you with the best steps to take if the issue continues.
Cheers!

ipod nano "accessory not supported"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.