Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant get app out of folder

Hi, im running IOS 11.3.1 on a iPhone 8 plus.

I cant get apps out of folders, just between folders. When i drag the app out of folder and tries to drop it on homescreen, it zooms out and drops back in folder.

What can i do?

(I dont want to delete the app or reset iPhone settings)

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 9:37 AM

No, Harabanar, I don't think it's a software fault on your device.

I think it's only a matter of patience... trying again and again. Sometimes it happens to me too.

Do you have "room" in the home screen?... I mean, is there space enough to store a new icon on it?

Should be this case, and you're trying to move an app out of a folder, do it without trying to move it "directly" to the home screen. When it is out of the folder, gently move it to the home screen.

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2018 9:37 AM in response to Harabanar

No, Harabanar, I don't think it's a software fault on your device.

I think it's only a matter of patience... trying again and again. Sometimes it happens to me too.

Do you have "room" in the home screen?... I mean, is there space enough to store a new icon on it?

Should be this case, and you're trying to move an app out of a folder, do it without trying to move it "directly" to the home screen. When it is out of the folder, gently move it to the home screen.

Giulio

Cant get app out of folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.