Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 3 iwatch wont pair with iPhone 5S

I bought an iwatch series 3 last year. It paired with my iPhone 5S no probs. I accidentally smashed the watch and got a new one last month. Now the new one wont pair with my 5S. Some posts say you can pair with a 5S, as I did, but others say I need at least a 6.

What has changed please and how do i pair with the 5S?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 12:10 PM

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or newer with the latest version of iOS.

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or newer with the latest version of iOS.

If you have an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS), then check that you are following all of the instructions here and contact Apple Support for assistance, if necessary, via the link in the article:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More information:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2018 12:10 PM in response to adrianiwatch

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or newer with the latest version of iOS.

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or newer with the latest version of iOS.

If you have an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS), then check that you are following all of the instructions here and contact Apple Support for assistance, if necessary, via the link in the article:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

More information:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Series 3 iwatch wont pair with iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.