Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update from 10.6.3 Snow leopard to the last 10.6.8 update, app store crashed?

Here is a quick rundown. Bought the mid 2010 27" IMac second hand, finally got through the trouble of deleting the original administrator and creating my own, and was sent the original install disc giving me a clean state.

I'm now on the issue of having both the mac app store malfunctioning because it's not supported earlier than 10.6.8, and the common restarting freezing issue when clicking on Apple>software update, where it downloads what's necessary for me, but won't complete during install due to me having to force power off in the last restart phase.

Everywhere I search people are giving the link for the combo updater, which I'm sure solves the latter issue, except that when that page loads, the download icon is blank, along with any other download page through the Apple site. Thought I came along way but really stumped here...

Posted on May 1, 2018 10:26 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't update from 10.6.3 Snow leopard to the last 10.6.8 update, app store crashed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.