Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I edit my photos?

i took a Live Photo and its blurry, I can’t Edit it to make it unblurry as it says there was an error downloading the photo?

I can’t copy it as a still photo, and it won’t un-blur? What can I do?

Posted on May 2, 2018 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2018 3:44 PM

DO you have enough free storage on your iPhone to be able to download the photo?

It looks like you were using iCloud Photo Library with Optimize Storage on. Then you need to download the full-resolution, original versions of the photo from iCloud, to view them in full resolution or to edit them.

The download can fail, if your iPhone is not connected to the internet, or if you are running out of cloud storage, or you are having too much data on your iPhone and even Optimize can no longer make space on the iPhone. Does any of this apply?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2018 3:44 PM in response to amyfromballymun

DO you have enough free storage on your iPhone to be able to download the photo?

It looks like you were using iCloud Photo Library with Optimize Storage on. Then you need to download the full-resolution, original versions of the photo from iCloud, to view them in full resolution or to edit them.

The download can fail, if your iPhone is not connected to the internet, or if you are running out of cloud storage, or you are having too much data on your iPhone and even Optimize can no longer make space on the iPhone. Does any of this apply?

Why can’t I edit my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.