You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my MasterCard being declined?

I’m being asked to update my payment method but when I do, I’ll receive a message saying,”my payment method is being declined “

i cant download or update my apps unless I do this and it’s not working..

my mastercard is a new one.User uploaded file

Posted on May 3, 2018 4:48 AM

7 replies

May 4, 2018 3:04 AM in response to Community User

Yes, see About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support. If you don't have funds for the transaction hold then the verification process can fail. Normally they make a small charge of the order of $1 but if you have a subscription it may try to make a hold for the value of that to ensure that the next payment would be likely to be authorized.

tt2

May 4, 2018 2:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Yeah!! I’ve done that, they sent a message that my atm has been processed to be use in online transactions..

I have also activated it before on this apple and it worked after some days I started seeing this issue.

Can low bank account balance cause the declination?

May 4, 2018 3:22 AM in response to turingtest2

Ok fine..

but it should accept the card.

So I can download even free app from store..

I can’t download anything from the AppStore

They just want me to update my Payment method

Even to switch it back to none I can’t and still can download

The mobile phone number payment method

Isn’t also working temporarily according to them..

What is wrong with them?

Why is my MasterCard being declined?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.