Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Developers: Add photo ephemeris info to Apple Maps

Hey!

Just throwing this out there but it would awesome to be able to check out a location for sunset or moonrise visibly using Apple Maps 3D. I've seen a couple of apps but can't get the point of view I need to get an idea of what's in the way. Would be great on Maps for both Mac OS & iOS!

You could add the option to the 'Show' menu. By selecting it, you would get a popup sun/moon timeline with clicks for sunrise, sunset, moonrise, etc events, and by tapping on the event you want to look at, the ephemeris lines would present from the selected map location for that selected time. Then, you could use 3D to get the point of view down the line. Could be a cool little add-on anyway.

Thanks and have a good one!

Lisa R

Mac Pro (Late 2013), macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on May 4, 2018 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2018 1:10 PM

They might, but typically, they don't respond to posts here. Apple designed the ASC as a "user-to-user" support type forum. Just thought I'd provide you with another option to get your idea to Apple ... and it was a great one, btw.

3 replies

Developers: Add photo ephemeris info to Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.