Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how old is my iPad

I simply want to find out how old my iPad is by serial number.

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on May 6, 2018 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2018 9:39 AM

You can enter the serial number here:Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

It will tell you the model of iPad you have. You can then somewhat gauge the age by when it was first released by going here:

Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

There is no precise way to tell how old it is exactly.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2018 9:39 AM in response to luannefromgreensboro

You can enter the serial number here:Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

It will tell you the model of iPad you have. You can then somewhat gauge the age by when it was first released by going here:

Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

There is no precise way to tell how old it is exactly.

May 6, 2018 11:29 AM in response to luannefromgreensboro

If you have a Mac compuer as well, you can get within a week of production date with the free utiltity, Coconut Battery. A recent revision added support for evaluating iOS device batteries through the computer, but also added the reding of produciton information stored in teh device.

Install the program, connect the unlocked iPad to the computer with a USB cable, then launch Coconut Battery. At the top of the main window are three tabs; chose the right-hand tab, "iOS Device." You get this:

User uploaded file

Coconut Battery is available here: https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

how old is my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.