Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID

I recently got my Iphone 6s screen replaced and now my fingerprint touch id is not working. I receive a message that says, "unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again". I have reset my phone and checked all of the other settings and I am still unable to use this feature. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cori

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 7, 2018 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2018 11:11 AM

Did Apple change the screen? If so, take it back and Apple will fix or replace it. If someone other than Apple replaced it you are out of luck; it's fairly common for 3rd party repairers to damage the HOME button, and once damaged it can't be fixed. You can try taking it back to wherever it was changed, but they probably won't be able to fix it, and Apple won't fix it either if a 3rd party has botched a repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2018 11:11 AM in response to CoriJB

Did Apple change the screen? If so, take it back and Apple will fix or replace it. If someone other than Apple replaced it you are out of luck; it's fairly common for 3rd party repairers to damage the HOME button, and once damaged it can't be fixed. You can try taking it back to wherever it was changed, but they probably won't be able to fix it, and Apple won't fix it either if a 3rd party has botched a repair.

Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.