Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I NEED help, I can't login into Bootcamp Partition - Blank Screen

Hello,

I have this serious problem that I really need to resolve as soon as possible.

When I try to log in into the Bootcamp partition, the screen goes black and nothing happens. Someone please help me. I really don't want to do a clean installation of Windows and having to install all my programs one by one, this will take me forever. I have tried some few things to try to resolve this issue:

• After I failed to log in, I created a Disc Image with Winclone. If i decide to remove the partition and re-install Windows and then restore with this Disc Image, what's the likelihood of it working or does this image contain the error/corrupt files that will again give me the black screen before I could go it and fix the problem?
  • I scanned the Bootcamp partition drive from within the Mac partition. It reported there is one infected file in the ProgramData/Rosetta Stone folder. I can locate this file with the Finder but I can't delete it even with the Terminal. Apparently I do not have the Write permission. I do have Paragon NTFS but apparently it can't even detect the drive right now so I can't use it to access the Permissions.
  • The Disc Utility no longer allows me to Verify nor Repair the Windows partition Disk. When the problem first occurred I could do it once then I received a message that I should backup my files and reinstall Windows. Since that message, the ability to run Verify and Repair Disk are both disabled.
  • I tried booting in Safe Mode first by making the Windows partition the Startup Disc. This didn't help.
  • I reset SMC and PRAM. I am not sure this would have worked anyway but I tried just incase. They didn't help.
  • I have VMware Fusion. Tried to run Windows this way but the black screen still appears.

Does anyone have any other suggestion that can help me? If there is no other solution other than to delete re-create Bootcamp and then reinstall Windows, will the Disc Image that I created after the problem occurred be any good at least to allow me to go in and figure out what the problem is?

Thank you in advance for any help I can get.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on May 8, 2018 1:52 PM

Similar questions

30 replies

May 9, 2018 12:12 AM in response to Loner T

Last login: Wed May 9 09:58:57 on console

iMac:~ NatronStudiosiMac$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_CoreStorage 121.0 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk0s3

/dev/disk1

0: GUID_partition_scheme *3.0 TB disk1

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1

2: Apple_CoreStorage 1.4 TB disk1s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.1 MB disk1s3

4: Microsoft Basic Data iMacWindows 807.0 GB disk1s4

5: Apple_CoreStorage 801.4 GB disk1s5

6: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk1s6

/dev/disk2

0: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD *2.3 TB disk2

Logical Volume on disk0s2, disk1s2, ...

AD9BC982-7A97-4136-B62F-981CCDE25817

Unencrypted Fusion Drive

/dev/disk3

0: FDisk_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk3

1: Windows_FAT_32 FV 1.0 TB disk3s1

iMac:~ NatronStudiosiMac$

May 9, 2018 7:08 PM in response to Loner T

I have successfully created the drive and booted from it. Now I am in the blue screen to choose an option.

I am seeing two different drives in addition to the normal Mac and the BC partition. One is named Windows and another EFI (by the way, the BC partition was and is still also named EFI after reinstalling Windows few months ago).

While I am waiting for your response, I tried these relatively straight forward options:

‘Refresh your PC’ option which said the drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

‘Startup Repair’ couldn’t repair and asked me to try other Advanced options.

I tried this on both Windows and new EFI drives.

Eagerly waiting for your direction.

I NEED help, I can't login into Bootcamp Partition - Blank Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.