Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading RAM in iMac (all system info shown)

I'd like to increase the amount of RAM on an iMac. The "About This Mac" system info is pictured below. It states the memory can't be upgraded.

I'm wondering if the CURRENT memory can't be upgraded because both slots are in use (?) or if this system won't take more than 8GB of RAM? (I hope that makes sense.) I guess the core question is what is the maximum amount of RAM an A1418 will take...?

My goal would be to remove the existing memory and replace the two 4GB RAM chips with 8GB RAM chips, but I'm seeing conflicting info.

Any and all assistance appreciated...system info posted below.

(New to this forum - couldn't find a post with this specific issue - apologies for stepping outside SOP, if I did.)

Thanks in adcance,

Eric

User uploaded file

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Serial Number]

iMac, iOS 10, OS is actually "10.11.6"

Posted on May 9, 2018 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2018 9:20 AM

unfortunately that model needed to be upgraded at the time of purchase. it can not be upgraded later.

OWC Tears Down iMac Retina 4K, Confirms Memory Is Soldered | Other World Computing Blog

Similar questions

2 replies

Upgrading RAM in iMac (all system info shown)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.