Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable my Apple ID?

I can’t update my apps due to my Apple ID is disabled

Posted on May 10, 2018 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2018 4:55 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

When your account becomes disabled, Apple provides the following recommendation:

"This message means that someone tried and failed to sign in to your account multiple times. The Apple ID system disables the account to prevent unauthorised people from gaining access to your information. You need to reset your password, following the instructions at the Apple ID website".

Visit iForgot.com and follow the instructions there.

If on the other hand your message simply states that your Apple ID has been disabled, you should contact Apple ID Support and explain your Apple ID has been disabled.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2018 4:55 AM in response to lydiafromchesapeake

Welcome to the Apple Community.

When your account becomes disabled, Apple provides the following recommendation:

"This message means that someone tried and failed to sign in to your account multiple times. The Apple ID system disables the account to prevent unauthorised people from gaining access to your information. You need to reset your password, following the instructions at the Apple ID website".

Visit iForgot.com and follow the instructions there.

If on the other hand your message simply states that your Apple ID has been disabled, you should contact Apple ID Support and explain your Apple ID has been disabled.

How to disable my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.