Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I forget my restrictions code

I forgot my code to my restriction on my iPhone

Posted on May 12, 2018 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2018 3:19 AM

If you have a recent backup, made before you set up that passcode, you can restore from that backup (keeping in mind that this operation will overwrite all your current data, apps, settings on your device)

If you don't have that backup, it's a problem that can only be resolved in two ways:

1. Cohabit with the restrictions:
  2. Restore your iphone to factory settings and set it up as new (when done, you can't restore your data from a backup, because that passcode will come back into your iphone). To do it, read this support guide: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2018 3:19 AM in response to Bigred68

If you have a recent backup, made before you set up that passcode, you can restore from that backup (keeping in mind that this operation will overwrite all your current data, apps, settings on your device)

If you don't have that backup, it's a problem that can only be resolved in two ways:

1. Cohabit with the restrictions:
  2. Restore your iphone to factory settings and set it up as new (when done, you can't restore your data from a backup, because that passcode will come back into your iphone). To do it, read this support guide: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

What if I forget my restrictions code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.